This course was previously called Performance Audit Boot Camp.
Are you new to performance auditing or internal auditing? Are you looking to better understand fundamental audit concepts and get the foundation you need to succeed in this profession?
This cours will teach you how to:
- Develop audit objective, scope, and criteria;
- Assess the 3 Es (Efficiency, Effectiveness, Economy);
- Manage stakeholders and relationships;
- Collect and analyze evidence; and
- Document audit work.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
This course is intended for auditors who have little or no experience in performance audit or internal audit in the public sector.
This virtual course is delivered over 3 days. The course includes a mix of instructor-led content, interactive exercises, and break-out sessions.
November 28 | 10:00 am – 3:30 pm ET
- Performance audit, internal audit, and accountability
- The 3 Es (efficiency, effectiveness, economy) and other key Es
- Roles of external auditors, internal auditors, entity management, and third parties
- Audit principles
November 30 | 10:00 am – 3:30 pm ET
- Audit planning and alignment (continued)
- Evidence strategies
December 2nd | 10:00 am – 3:30 pm ET
- Evidence collection and analysis
- Documentation and working papers
- Characteristics and components of a good report
- Audit quality
This course will require up to 3 hours of individual work, in addition to instruction time.
“It was great, very engaging and the format was really good for virtual learning – very dynamic.”
“The course was lively and highly informative. The use of real-life scenarios/examples made it easier to relate course contents to actual performance auditing.”
Course hours can be submitted for continuing professional development credits, subject to approval by IIA, CPA Canada, or other professional associations.
A cancellation fee of $100 (plus applicable tax) will be applied to cancellations received up to 30 days before the first day of the course. Refunds will not be issued after that date. Substitutions will be permitted up to 10 days before the first day of the course for a fee of $50 (plus applicable tax).
CAAF reserves the right to cancel the course due to insufficient registration. Should CAAF decide to cancel a course, registrants will be notified two (2) weeks in advance and will be given the opportunity to receive a full refund or defer their enrolment to a future course offering.