Leaders in audit offices are faced with the unique challenge of speaking truth – in a very public way! At parliamentary committees, Auditors General and their senior staff communicate report findings and answer questions spontaneously. This workshop will provide useful tips, examples, and provide the opportunity to try out good practices.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
Auditors General or senior auditors who will be appearing before Public Accounts Committees.
This workshop will be delivered virtually through our Adobe Connect platform.
- The importance of oversight
- Supporting a positive relationship with the PAC
- How to effectively prepare for PAC meetings
- What to include in introductory comments
- Exploring common situations at PAC meetings
- Sharing of good practices and challenges
Course hours can be submitted for continuing professional development credits, subject to approval by IIA, CPA Canada, or other professional associations.
A cancellation fee of $100 (plus applicable tax) will be applied to cancellations received up to 30 days before the first day of the course. Refunds will not be issued after that date. Substitutions will be permitted up to 10 days before the first day of the course for a fee of $50 (plus applicable tax).