This course is offered in English and French. To request access to the French course, please visit the French webpage.
About this Course
This online self-paced course is designed for public account committee members (PAC) who want to:
- hold more effective PAC hearings;
- develop effective questions on audit reports;
- engage productively with witnesses; and
- collaborate across parties to ensure effective meetings.
This course is designed to allow you to quickly navigate at your own pace wherever and whenever you have time available. It consists of videos, quizzes, and additional resources to supplement the main learning points. It will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
This course will address the following topics:
- Selecting audit reports and/or other topics to review
- Preparing for hearings
- Collecting action plans and other important documents
- Calling witnesses
- Preparing and asking effective questions
- Conducting hearings and collaborating across parties
The course also offers a library of video clips with examples of effective questions.