This course is offered in English and French. To request access to the French course, please visit the French webpage.
About this Course
This online self-paced course is designed for public accounts committee members (PAC) who want to:
- understand their role in parliamentary oversight;
- improve their oversight role;
- understand the role of the Auditor General and of performance audits; and
- clarify the purpose of the Public Accounts Committee and the role of the Auditor General.
We recognize that elected officials have very busy schedules. This course is therefore designed to allow you to quickly navigate at your own pace wherever and whenever you have time available.
This course consists of videos, quizzes, and additional resources to supplement the main learning points. It will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
This course will provide you with:
- An understanding of oversight;
- An understanding of the key roles that Public Accounts Committees face;
- An overview of the role different members of the PAC have;
- Insight into key challenges that chairs/vice chairs/members face and how to overcome them; and
- Good PAC practices.
Undertaken with the financial support of the Government of Canada provided through Global Affairs Canada.